New River Radio Group WBRW, WPSK, WRAD & WVHK
Date: February 22, 2021
New River Radio Blacksburg VA is looking to add to our talented team of Account Executives. We are seeking dynamic and results-driven individual who are focused on generating leads and revenue for our local client partners. At your disposal will be a full complement of resources including our premier radio stations, WBRW, WPSK, WRAD, WVHK/Blacksburg), a Creative Services Department, a Digital Services Department and a full staff dedicated to your success.
Job Title: Account Executive (Outside Sales).
Job description: Under the direction of the sales manager sell advertising within the assigned territory or accounts. Master and understand the value of digital & radio advertising along with strengths and position of the New River Radio Group of stations in Blacksburg. Focus selling digital products and local radio products.
- Excellent communicator with high level of verbal skills and written skills
- Strong prospecting and business development proficiency.
- 2 years minimum successful outside sales preferred with a verifiable track record.
- The Account Executive must provide their own reliable transportation and maintain a valid Virginia driver’s license.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of the internet.
Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- You will provide valuable consultative services to small, mid-size and large firms and bring a concentrated focus on business development for both you and your clients
- Prospect for new accounts and identify local businesses that have a need for our products and services
- Set appointments, meet with clients, make sales presentations and execute contracts.
- Establish weekly/daily/monthly sales plan and then execute that plan.
- As required by the client assist with writing advertising copy.
- Coordinate the production and scheduling of advertising with the production and traffic departments.
- If needed work in conjunction with the Promotions/Program Director to develop sales promotion programs that fit your client’s needs and requests.
- Meet established revenue requirements
- Collect past due account receivables and work with the credit manager on problem accounts.
- Develop strategic and integrated plans to provide solutions to those challenges
- Closely monitor the progress of all client campaigns to ensure maximum success
- Minimum of two years of college
- 4-year college degree preferred.
- Submit resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accepting application through March 22, 2021
It is the policy of New River Radio Group not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability or age. Discriminatory employment practices are specifically prohibited by the Federal Communications Commission.